Saturday, November 14, 2009

Plaid: Not Just for Lumberjacks

When I was chilling in Mommy Chick's tummy, we would have "music hour" every afternoon. Mommy Chick would play me songs by some skinny white guy named Justin Timberlake. Chelsea Handler said he is "the pied piper of vaginas." I don't know what that means.

This song is still my favorite. It's the skinny guy and some pretty girl who wears a onesie during part of the video:


I think taking a shower in your clothes is stupid (Editor's note: Showering commences at :46). But I did discover that Justin Timberlake designs a clothing line called William Rast. JT is embracing the plaid trend for winter and has this women's shirt:

OK...if you have any boobie milk in your mouth right now, swallow it quick. I don't want you to spew it all over your computer screen when I tell you this shirt is $175. The thought of spitting up on a $175 lumberjack shirt makes me giggle. I have to stop because Mommy Chick gets mad if Daddy Dude and I make fun of JT.
I like this shirt from Ann Taylor Loft much better. I think the details are cute and girly, and the little ruffle details might disguise baby puke. It can be yours for just under $50. Mommy Chick is going to order this for herself.

Since I don't have much hair and am sometimes mistaken for a boy, wearing a plaid shirt is risky and a little on the butch side. So I'm opting for a sweet little dress made by Nordstrom Baby for Nordstrom. It retails for $38 and starts at size six months.

Let me know how you plan to incorporate plaid into your fall/winter look. And Mommy Chick wants to know your favorite JT song. But since this is my blog, don't worry about answering that part.

1 comment:

  1. I was very hesitant about wearing plaid. It just reminds of the grunge era...I am glad that ended. But then I found some cute plaid shirts with ruffles...that makes it a little more girly so people like me can deal with this trend.

    ReplyDelete